Inside what is set to be a sold out Madison Square Garden on April 30, Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano will make history. Competing for Taylor’s WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, and The Ring lightweight titles, the two fighters will main event “The World’s Most Famous Arena.”
Serrano is looking to add another set of titles to her collection. A seven-division world champion, Serrano has held gold in the super-featherweight, junior-featherweight, featherweight, lightweight, bantamweight, light-welterweight, and junior-bantamweight divisions. Serrano is on a 28-fight win streak since suffering the only loss of her career in 2012. Her last fight was in December, which resulted in a unanimous decision win against Miriam Gutierrez.
Taylor made her pro debut in 2016 and won the WBA lightweight title in 2017. She then beat Victoria Bustos in 2018 for the IBF title, Rose Volante for the WBO title, and Delfine Persoon in 2019 for the WBC and The Ring titles. Taylor won three fights in 2021. Her last bout was a unanimous decision win over Firuza Sharipova in December.
Looking to watch the fight? Here’s all the information you need to watch Taylor vs. Serrano, including the price of the event.
Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano price: How much does the fight cost?
- DAZN monthly subscription: $19.99, $20 in Canada
- DAZN annual subscription: $99.99, $150 in Canada
In order to watch Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano, you can either pay for a DAZN monthly subscription ($19.99) or an annual subscription ($99.99). In Canada, a DAZN monthly subscription is $20, while an annual subscription is $150.
Customers in the U.K. can sign up to DAZN for £7.99 per month.
What time does Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano start?
- Date: Saturday, April 30
- Event start: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Main event: 10:30 p.m. ET (approximately)
Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano will take place on Saturday, April 30. The main event is expected to begin around 10:30 p.m. ET, depending on how long the undercard fights last.
Katie Taylor record and bio
- Nationality: Irish
- Born: July 2, 1986
- Height: 5-5
- Weight: Lightweight
- Reach: 65 inches
- Total fights: 20
- Record: 20-0 with six wins via knockout
Amanda Serrano record and bio
- Nationality: Puerto Rican
- Born: October 9, 1988
- Height: 5-5 1/2
- Weight: Lightweight (for this contest)
- Reach: 65.5 inches
- Total fights: 44
- Record: 42-1-1 with 30 wins via knockout
Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano fight card
- Katie Taylor (c) vs. Amanda Serrano for the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, and The Ring lightweight titles
- Franchon Crews-Dezern (c) vs. Elin Cederroos (c) for the WBC, WBO, WBA, IBF super-middleweight titles
- Liam Smith vs. Jessie Vargas; Super-Welterweights
- Galal Yafai (c) vs. Miguel Cartagena for the WBC International flyweight title
- Skye Nicolson vs. Shanecqua Paisley Davis; Featherweights
- Austin Williams vs. Chordale Booker; Middleweights
- Reshat Mati vs. Joe Eli Hernandez; Welterweights
- Khalil Coe vs. William Langston; Light-Heavyweights