timedealerhotmail: Too…

timedealerhotmail: Too…

Many ask if a watch is “unpolished”, yet fail to realize that it’s not a condition standard at all. If you, by asking that, aim at a NOS example; its wishful thinking regarding most vintage models, especially toolwatches, as that disqualifies 99% of the examples. (leaving the 1% is in a different price bracket) Regardless, a watch can be unpolished but worn-out or properly polished but pristine condition. Résumé: rather the degree and quality of polishing is of importance. “Overpolished” however, ís a condition standard and only let specialists do the job. Some artisans are so skillful they can make it appear mint and often subsequently it is then advertised as such by the seller; demanding a premium. To illustrate, we here have a challenging 5514 we had many years ago. This piece appears to be unpolished, but in fact is laser polished by Rolex Bexley, unidentifiable for the untrained eye. Yet, especially on a professional divers watch, I would even prefer it being beaten-up, as it adds to the charm and story. What is way more notable is the replacement parts: being a service dial, bezel and handset. Aforementioned has a way bigger impact on the desirability and thus the value. So ask the right questions and better yet: buy the seller! ℹ️ #amsterdamvintagewatches #rolex #rolex5514 #5514 #rolexcomex #rolexsubmariner #comexsubmariner #vintagerolex #vintagesubmariner (bij Amsterdam Vintage Watches)
https://www.instagram.com/amsterdamvintagewatches/p/CYoR_YANRH2/?utm_medium=tumblr

Luxury Watch