‘Very unhappy’ Doctor Who fan ‘needed tetanus shot’ after getting wonky TARDIS tattoo

‘Very unhappy’ Doctor Who fan ‘needed tetanus shot’ after getting wonky TARDIS tattoo

A Doctor Who fan has been left deeply disappointed and needing urgent treatment after getting a “wonky” TARDIS tattoo.

Kirsty Walker was a customer of tattooist Karl Eginton and is unhappy with his work.

Several former customers have claimed the artist either failed to refund them or left them dissatisfied with their new ink, Hull Daily Mail reports.

Kirsty says she first booked in for a piece in September 2020 in the hope her vision for a bespoke Doctor Who tattoo could be brought to life.

She claims she ended up with a terrible TARDIS that required reworking by a new artist.

Have you got a dodgy tattoo? Email webnews@mirror.co.uk

Kirsty was not happy with her tattoo

“I first contacted Karl during the first lockdown and he was happy to accept my request, I’d asked for a bespoke Doctor Who tattoo and gave clear guidance for what I’d like,” Kirsty said.

“Karl requested the money in full rather than a deposit, as it helped him stay afloat while he couldn’t be open. I thought nothing of this due to the pandemic.

“I’d asked to see the design before being booked in which he said was fine, but every time I asked he said he was doing it ‘soon’. That soon never came.

“A month after I’d paid the £100, he asked for another £50 because it was a bigger tattoo than he initially thought. I just paid it.

“After the first lockdown, he got me booked in for September 26 at 2pm. I arrived at 1.45pm and had to wait in the car due to restrictions in the shop.

“He made me wait for three and a half hours as he was running late due to ‘family problems’.

“I waited, because I paid in full and had no choice.”

When Kirsty finally got inside she was less than impressed with the quality of work that she said Mr Eginton carried out.

“He hadn’t drawn anything so I had to wait for him to make my design,” she continued.

“He didn’t draw anything, just copied and pasted from designs online.

“I asked for a Van Gogh sky with a TARDIS, a sunflower and a rose to represent characters and two pieces of script. There was an overall space theme.

“When we had finished the session, he had to stop because it was late and said he would book me back in to finish. I was disappointed he didn’t get further with it but didn’t think too much about it.

“If I’d have known I was blowing £150 on a two hour session with not much to show for it, I would have walked out.”

Mr Eginton’s work did not impress Kirsty

The tattoo parlour on Princes Road in Goole where Mr Eginton was working at the time of Kirsty’s experience have since distanced themselves from him, saying he only worked as a guest at the shop.

Kirsty Said: “Around a week after my first session, my tattoo got infected and I had a tetanus jab and antibiotics. Luckily, it healed okay but my leg was inflamed and very painful.

“On a few areas, the tattoo was blown out and this can’t be rectified.

“As it healed, I saw how wonky the line work was, the dots were uneven, the sunflower was a black blob and I was generally very unhappy.

“The Van Gogh sky did not resemble the famous artwork at all and I didn’t want to show anyone. I tried to get booked back in to finish it off and touch up areas, but every time I suggested dates, I was ignored.”

By this point Kirsty had decided she couldn’t trust Mr Eginton to take the tattoo any further and found Jordan from True Colour, York, who agreed to help her get a tattoo that she could be proud of.

Kirsty said the new tattooist was shocked by the state she had been left in and completed an intensive cover up which cost her a further £350.

She said: “I’m still very angry from this experience and honestly didn’t think I’d get stung like this.

“I researched artists before booking and Karl had over 10 years experience and a great portfolio, there was no way of knowing this would happen.

“I’m trying to put this behind me and I’m fortunate I found another artist to help me.”

Another unhappy customer, Teresa, booked a tattoo with Mr Eginton while his shop was still open in Goole.

She said: “He explained that he was struggling and could I possibly pay him the money now and once opened we could book a date.

“I was out of work myself with no pay at this time as I was shielding my son who has a small hole in his heart and my work would not furlough me.

“But because I understood that the problems with Covid hitting small businesses I sent him the money through and that was that.

“I heard nothing when things lifted and I contacted him to arrange a date which we did that date came and went and I never had it done as lockdown had happened again.

“He’s always got excuses like he had not got his booking diary or he’s going through bookings and would get back to me.

“I sent him more messages until he finally replied and stated he had moved to Hull, I was annoyed he’d not contacted me about the move considering he had taken my money and owed me a tattoo.

“I suffer extremely badly with dry discs in my back, slip discs, and mobility is not great and due to depression and anxiety I said I was not comfortable and I insisted on a full refund.

“It’s now got to the point he’s just ignoring my messages, I’m disgusted with the man and I don’t know how he sleeps at night.

“I am a single parent living with my child working two days a week as my health cannot take any more and on Universal Credit and he has taken my money.”

A spokesperson for Hull City Council confirmed the matter was currently under investigation.

Mr Eginton has been contacted for comment.

Read More

Read More